Dr. Beatrice M. Ombuki-Berman
Beatrice Ombuki-Berman, PhD
Co-Founding Member of the Bio-Inspired Computational
- PhD: University of the Ryukyus, Japan
- ME: University of the Ryukyus, Japan
- Japanese Cultural & Language Studies: Osaka University for Foreign Studies, Japan
- BSc: Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture & Technology, Kenya
COSC 4P76: Machine Learning
COSC 2P13: Introduction to Operating Systems
COSC 5P74: Evolutionary Computation
Other recent courses
COSC 3P71: Artificial Intelligence
COSC 4P80: Neural Networks
My primary focus is on the efficient design and use of Computational Intelligence techniques for various applications.
In particular I am focusing on evolutionary computation (Genetic algorithms & Genetic Programming) and Particle Swarm Optimization. I am also interested in
artificial neural networks.
Some areas my students and I are currently working on are:
Follow this link for our: Publications
- Combinatorial Optimization (any particular problem types - i.e.,
mostly network-based problems and scheduling)
- Multi-Objective Optimization
- Optimization in Dynamic Environments
- Automatic inference of Graph models for Complex networks
- Image classification of Hyperspectral Data (with Dr. Frank Fueten)
A number of students are/have been involved with my research, either at graduate level, research
assistantships, or undergraduate 4F90 Honors projects. A number of them did bona-fide research
work resulting in reputable journal and conference publications.
Follow this link for details on Current & Recent Student
MSc. Positions, RA position and Honors Projects
If you are interested in doing an MSc. study, RA or 4F90/3P99 project with
me, please see Graduate Positions/Projects ,
or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , or drop by my office.
More about me..