Department of Computer
500 Glenridge Ave.
(905) 688-5550 x3281
fax (905) 688-3255
Hi. I've been here forever. I enjoy
all levels, my primary goal is to impart knowledge with quality
instruction. I prefer to be an informal type, you can call me
anything but late for dinner. I have an open door policy when the
door is open, and yes I do have a sense of humour. I don't bite
(too bad), and if your initial reaction is to run then be my guest
but I will talk to most who have something worthwhile to say.
- MSc. - University of Guelph 1994.
- Thesis supervisor, David Chiu.
- BSc. - Brock University 1990.
- Dpl. Radio College of Canada (Electrical Engineering
My primary interests waver between
User Interfaces, Artificial Intelligence systems and Computer
Hardware. See the projects and paper list further down. Students
who wish to do project courses with in a related field should have
the prerequisite courses
Interests are as follows but not in any order:
- Hardware - Several projects which deal with virtual
- CPU design
- RISC and CISC implementations
- AI - Specifically Neural Networks.
1P02 - (Introduction to Computer Science) -
1P03 - (Data Structures and Abstraction) - Winter 2014
2P11 - (Personal Computers and Networks) -
- Cosc 2P12 - (Computer Organization and Assembly
Language) - Fall 2000
- Cosc 2P13 - (Introduction
to Operating Systems) - Winter 2012
Cosc 2p03 - (Advanced Data Structures) - Fall 2017
- Cosc 3P01 -
(Introduction to Computer Networks) - Winter 2015
3P92 - (Computer Architecture) - Winter 2018
to Human Computer Interaction) - Winter
- Cosc 4P13 -
(Operating Systems - Design and Implementation) - Fall 2015
- Cosc 4P14 - (Introduction
to Computer Networks) - Fall 2016
Cosc 4p75 -- Fall 2007 - "Marmalaid source code"
4P80 -- Introduction to Neural Networks - Winter
Projects in Progress
- Java bases virtual machine for interpreting middle assembly
language, Joe Peric.
- This is an update of the Marmalaid
program which was developed to support the compiler course.
Papers & Publications
- Cosc 3P99 - 2005
Project by Micheal Piskaric, TeachVal II, Java
based Microbot control s/w.
- RS2000/3000 interpreter to support the compiler
course Cosc 4P75, D.Bockus.
- RISC based CPU
architecture, 4F90 project with Alexander
© copyright D.Bockus 2017.
All Material on this site is copyright. If you wish to use any of
this material then you must contact the original owner of the
material. Any inquiries as to ownership of material on this site
should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.