COSC 4P82 Genetic Programming
Instructor: Brian Ross
Lecture hours, Winter 2024: Mon, Thurs 8-9:30am
Location: PLZ 410
Office hours: TBA
GP-based non-photorealistic image by Maryam Baniasadi. Web site.
A Field Guide to Genetic Programming
by Riccardo Poli, William B. Langdon, and Nicholas F. McPhee.
Lulu Press. ISBN 978-1-4092-0073-4. 2008.
- Course outline
- Project description
- Introduction to ECJ Tutorial (repeated; on Teams)
- Last day to withdraw without academic penalty: TBA
- Term test date: na
- Seminar schedule and topics.
- Approximate mark breakdown: (total 10)
- Content (4): enough technical content (GP related); not too short of talk.
- Presentation (4): organization, clear discussion, slides, answers questions.
- Discretionary (2).
- Misc files (local access)
- Assignment 1
- Marking scheme.
- Please hand in your electronic submission at the 4P82 course page on Brightspace: TBA
- Assignment 2
- General assignment information
- Some example assignment reports...
- ACM GECCO Latex files (zip). Unzip and replace tex and bib files with your own. Remember to remove conference information!
- IEEE formatting information.
If you use word, then use this file here as a template: TRANS-JOUR.doc. Latex templates are there as well.
- Latex (Windows): Miktex and Texmaker editor
- Note: Please submit the following for all assignments:
- Hard copy of report.
- Electronic copies of report, source code, GP output files.
- Access the COSC assignment cover pages (individual and group).
Supplementary lecture material:
Target image (left) and GP evolved image (right):
lilGP 1.1 (C)
Other GP systems:
- DEAP (Python). And at Wikipedia
- Open BEAGLE: A C++ based GP system.
- Here are some notes on getting it running.
- RobGP (C++): Robust Genetic Programming System by Brock student Robert Flack.
- GPLAB - a GP system for Matlab
- CNGGGPS - Grammar-based system developed by Brock student Stephen Baker (Linux)
- Discipulus - commercial linear GP system (dead; was at www. rmltech.com)
- List of GP Implementations (originally from Wikipedia GP article)
Other useful things:
In the News...
Machine learning problem sets
Interactive Online GA's