Advanced Data Structures
- The final tutorial (exam review) will be held on Thursday, 12th
December in STH202, noon-2pm.
- See materials from the fifth tutorial here.
- There will be no class on Tuesday, 12th November as Brock classes only
resume at 10am after the snowstorm.
- See materials from the fourth tutorial here.
- The due date for assignment #3 will be 15th November (delayed one week
due to topic)
- Reminder: the midterm will be held on Thursday, 24th October in class.
- There will be a tutorial on Friday, 11th October to prepare for the
upcoming midterm. The TA will provide solutions to last year's midterm,
- Assignment #2 can be submitted by the late date (Monday, 7th October
at noon) without penalty. Note however that no submissions will be
allowed after that time.
- See materials from the second tutorial here.
- See slides from first tutorial here.
- Tutorials will not be held every week but for
specific purposes only, starting in the second week. Watch this space
for announcements about tutorials.
- There are no scheduled labs for this course.
- Student Accessibility Services requires peer note takers to assist
fellow students who, for disability related reasons, are not able to
take complete notes. Note takers are paid an honorarium for their
assistance and provide notes directly to the Student Wellness and
Accessibility Centre. For more information and to apply please go to
assignments are available on Sakai and must be submitted electronically
via Sakai. All assignments are to be completed individually.
Handouts and Examples
The following slides are used in class but are very minimal and
are intended only as support material. A very significant amount of
additional information will always be given in class.
- The lectures are excellent opportunities for students to ask general
questions related to lecture or assignment material, however in general
it will be impossible to answer in-depth questions during these times.
- For supplemental assistance, students are encouraged to first contact
the teaching assistants at the help desk in J328 (see "Resources" above
for help desk hours). Note that the duties of the teaching assistants
are limited to guiding students to a better understanding of the
material; this does not include writing a working implementation for
- If a problem is beyond the scope of the teaching assistants, then
students are advised to contact the instructor via e-mail to make an
- Requests for assistance increase as deadlines approach, which means
that availability of assistance decreases as deadlines approach. As a
result students are advised to plan ahead.
Last Modified 2nd December 2019 by email@example.com
All items are copyright 1999-2019 Sheridan Houghten