COSC 4P80 Artificial Neural Networks
| Project Details:
You may propose any topic related to artificial neural networks (or choose one of the topics I proposed, see
Project Proposal (Due TBA)
The project proposal is worth 1% of your final grade. The purpose of the project proposal is:
The project proposal must be at most 1 page long and include the following items:
- to get you started on your project;
- to identify a topic for your project;
- to define the extent and the scope of your project; and
- to receive instructors approval and feedback on the above items.
- One paragraph that describes the project and the learning task in plain English
- A Precise description of the learning task identifying the task, performance measure, and training experience.
- Suggested choices for designing the learning system in terms of type and representation of training examples, type of neural networks, and the learning algorithm.
- Suggested experimental setup and analysis of results
- References to related material (publications, tools, web sites)
Project Report (Due April TBA)
The final project report (with supporting software) is due on April TBA and is worth 25% of your final mark.
submissions will not be accepted (except in the case of special circumstances with proper
documentation) . Requirements and guidelines:
- The report should be about 10 pages long (plus or minus 2 pages is acceptable) including references but excluding appendices.
- You must use an ACM or an IEEE article template.
- Raw data, source code, and the user manual should be included as appendices.
- Use of LaTeX for preparing the report is highly recommended. A bonus of 2% of the final grade will be awarded for an effective use of LaTeX in preparing the report.
- The report should include the following section, as appropriate:
- Background/Related Work
- Conclusion and Future Work
- You should include a number of references
- You must follow the Assignment Guidelines when submitting your report.